Grounds Care; with a Little Help from the Sun
Harnessing the power of the sun is nothing new: in fact, it’s the oldest trick in the book and is the source of all life on Earth. But the way in which we do it is getting better as technology improves and that’s something that makes us very happy here at Botanical Group Services.
We want to make the world a cleaner, greener place to live in and so we embrace things like solar power technology where it can assist us in our grounds care work. In this work, we use a great many power tools such as hedge cutters, lawnmowers, trimmers and leaf blowers and many of them can be charged up by solar power where available.
You may remember having a solar panel on your calculator at school. Technology has come a long way since then and advances in batteries have allowed much larger appliances such as grounds care equipment to be charged simply by the sun. The technology has made commercial applications much more viable due to extended working periods and offers several other advantages such as:
- A reduction in the direct emission of carbon dioxide as there are no exhaust fumes
- The vibration of the machinery is significantly reduced, helping to reduce operator fatigue
- Sound levels are lower, preventing noise pollution: Health and education sectors benefit greatly from this recused noise level
- Long battery life is the equivalent of around 3,000 litres of petrol and 60 litres of oil mix, is 80% recyclable and pays for itself within a year
- Has mains backup charging facility
- The life of the battery will cost around £101 or NOTHING when charged by solar: equivalent fuel cost tops £4050
Grounds care is a very important business and getting things right can be difficult. Our expert horticulturalists here at Botanical Group Services are trained and experienced in delivering bespoke solutions that work, based on a collaborative approach. All of the work we do is carefully documented and presented to the client, allowing them to see at a glance how our attentions have benefited both the aesthetic appearance and health of the grounds area.